Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Checking In

So how are all my peeps out in Blogville? It's been a week in our household...a cold one. I am so ready for warmer weather, and it seems to be ready to begin tomorrow. If you can believe the weather prognosticators! :0 I really wanted some snow Sunday, but since we've missed that, I'd just as soon wait until next winter.

An update on what I've learned since my last post - there comes a time when parents have to just let go of our children's homework. It needs to become their responsibility TOTALLY. To be honest, I'm at the stage where I don't help, but I help worry about it. Last week we experienced a crisis with a project - information lost, deadline looming, major grade. I tried to stay out of it, remain calm, and let him handle it. After all, there really wasn't anything I could do. And...he has to begin to learn how to handle these SMALL problems, because he is guaranteed larger problems in life. And I think he handled it well. Information found, deadline met, presentation made. That one's behind us. It just seems like we've had some hurdles lately...nothing big...just the ankle biter kind.

But tonight, I'm sitting in front of the fire and waiting for American Idol. I'm sure Lil Rounds will make the final 12...it'll be interesting to see who else from last night. Thought many of the performances just weren't that great. I'm also waiting to see how the Wild Card option will work. There were a couple who were left out that I think deserved to be in the final 12. Hope it works!

Well...all this randomness is about to come to an end. My eyes are getting sleepy - already. Can't believe time changes this week. I'll never be able to get up early! :)

Peace out!

No comments: