- There is life after your kids leave home. We have settled into a new routine, and it's not so bad.
- You get to know your spouse all over again. Usually by the time kids go off to college, they aren't home much anyway. But with no kids at home, we have each other to focus on.
- It's good to have something new and different to look forward to. K and I are taking Shag dance lessons during the week which we are both enjoying. We also practice during the week - which takes up some "empty" time. It's like a mid-week "date night."
- We are thankful for all the different avenues to communicate. During the last 2 and a half weeks, D has Skyped us, called us and texted us. I love them all because it's an opportunity to see how things are going.
- We still miss him! Just because we are adjusting doesn't mean that we don't miss Drew. At times we can feel the emptiness inside us. We have our phones with us and charged at ALL TIMES in case he calls or texts. We watch Facebook to see how it's going - with him and his friends. We are thankful for every update.
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
Observances - Week Three
Here are some things I've noticed as we work our way through week 3 as Empty Nesters: