Sunday, January 20, 2008

Awesome Weekend

It's almost 10 pm, and I can hardly believe I'm still up! I'm exhausted, but it's a good exhausted --- like when you really accomplish something. The NFC playoff has a minute 26 seconds to go, and it's all tied up. My hubby is taking his evening nap in his chair before getting up and going to bed, and my baby (who's not a baby anymore) is moving between IM and the playoffs.

It's been a GREAT weekend spent with 11 wonderful women. We went to Folly Beach to Re... Relax, Refresh and Reenergize. And we did! We had a relaxing Friday evening of emptying out and letting go. Saturday morning saw us learning how to refresh and fill up with God's Spirit. After a filling supper, we talked about our passions and re-energizing. Learning to leave with a different spirit - like Caleb - entering our promised land. We know it will be hard work, but oh, so fulfilling. We shared where we wanted to go - what our passion truly is - following our hearts and the Spirit. Then this morning we viewed an absolutely awesome sermon which brought it all back to the cross - where it always needs to return.

Then our wonderful Mt. Horeb youth...I just don't know what else to say. Katie does such a great job with them, and they truly love and respect her.

Well....I've rambled enough. The power on my laptop is almost gone and the Giants are going to the Super Bowl. Yep. It's been a great weekend. But you know what? I can hardly wait to see what the next year brings as we 12 women take our Re... and Realize our dreams!

Night night!

SB

No comments: