Friday, March 14, 2008

Not With It

Have you ever had one of those days where you just really don't feel "with it?" That's it for me today. Don't know if it's the slight headache I woke up with or what...but my heart's not in to much of anything except vegging on the couch with the TV controls in my hand! However, I've got places to go and things to do...which is probably good to force me into going and doing.

With this kind of attitude, don't think there will be much house cleaning this morning. Those of you who have been to my house before will say, "What's news?" :) Maybe I'll at least get the floors swept and bed linens changed. But I doubt there will be much heavy cleaning.

One thing I am glad for is the beautiful weather! Can I get a YAHOOOO! I may be doing some porch sitting this weekend. Have a book I need to finish, Kay Warren's Dangerous Surrender. It's already given me food for thought, and I'm only about 1/3 of the way through. I sense God speaking to me about surrender lately. And I don't think I'm doing a very good job of it. In fact I think it's time for me to do some soul-searching. We had a good ending to Bible study last night, but I struggle with what direction we should go. Everyone is so busy these days, I'm not sure the study is ministering in the right way. Maybe a "blog study" would be good. I have a couple ideas running around in my mind. We'll see where God leads. But for me to sense His voice, I feel like I need to take it to the next step - surrender.

We decided last night to postpone our next Bible study because of my schedule ... and everyone else's. We won't pick up again with a formal study until June. I think maybe God is giving me time to seek Him at a different level...to return again to the things I did at the first...to reclaim my first love...to fan into flame my love of God's word. We'll see if I surrender and where God takes this...

From the ending comes a new beginning. Maybe I'll be more with it!

No comments: