Friday, March 7, 2008

Endings and Beginnings

Endings ---- I'm getting ready for another one. We will finish our Bible study next Thursday night.

I have yet to start my homework for next week's session, but I'm sure I will do a lesson tonight. I always get a little sad at the ending of a Bible study, and I'm sure this one will be no different. We have been doing the revised version of A Woman's Heart, God's Dwelling Place by Beth Moore. If I can make a confession, earlier this week, I was thinking about the ending and read ahead....to the death of Moses, and yet again, I got tears in my eyes. To think of all Moses experienced with God and the Israelites, however, he would not step foot into the Promised Land. But, God was so good to take him on a mountaintop to see it. The Bible says that God buried Moses Himself..."Moses was 12o years old when he died, yet his eyes were not weak nor his strength gone."Can you even imagine? God blessed Moses in many ways....as He does us.

But we were talking about endings...with each ending comes a new beginning. I'm wondering what my new beginning will be. I'll have to keep my eyes open to see it --- don't want to miss a new beginning. Maybe time to begin that devotion I'm thinking about doing....maybe time to begin cleaning out some closets (YIKES!)...maybe time to begin a little yard work...maybe time to just take in the beauty of the beginning of spring.

Are you experiencing an ending of sorts? Keep your eyes on what's coming - the new beginning. Life is always changing. Part of the way to survive all these changes is to look for the new beginning. Remember God's faithfulness. I just wonder what Moses' saw when his life ended...a new beginning in heaven! I bet that was a WOW moment!

No comments: