Thursday, December 4, 2008

Creative Nothing!

I'm sitting here trying to think of something creative for a new post...and failing miserably! As I went through this process, I wondered, "What's on your mind?" and in answering myself, I said, "Nothing!" What a hoot - a mind with nothing in it! But I do, in fact, have a lot on it. I talked with a friend today who is going through difficult financial times with the future not looking too bright right now...I'm concerned about a relative's health...Other financial struggles...And as I tie up loose ends around the office I'm trying to mentally prepare for my physical. YUK! I hate this time of the year for my annual physical. My cholesterol is sky-high from Thanksgiving. The eating season has started;so if I did lose weight, it's baaaaaack! I'm already thinking that next year I should just wait until my birthday which would mean skipping 2009 altogether since my b/day is in February! Last night K brought home the vacation schedule for next year. And as we tried to discuss what to do in 2009, I couldn't even figure out what to do for the rest of 2008! Too much for this nothing brain, I guess.

So the point of this post is that even though we may not have much creative in our minds sometime, we sure do have a lot on it. I stopped to focus on a verse in Ephesians, "I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe." (Ephesians 1:18-19a)We have a hope to which God has called us if we will allow the eyes of our hearts to be enlightened...He promises riches - not money - but inheritance in the saints (true lasting riches) and incomparably great power (God's power, not ours)...for us who believe. We have much on our minds, but never forget that God has a hope for you...an inheritance for you...power for you...

May your heart be enlightened (and lightened) by God's light...
B E L I E V E!

No comments: