Monday, April 21, 2008

On the Border!

I was on the border this morning. I'm sure you ladies know what I mean - my temperment could go either way: good or bad! Mondays typically go the wrong way for me. It's nobody's fault, it's just the nature of Mondays. I could feel it rising up in me as I looked at things that needed to be done at home, at a fairly busy schedule this week, as I felt yucky from this cold/sinus flare up - I wanted to blow up at somebody for something - it didn't matter what. I managed to keep the lid on as I drove Drew to school, although I could tell he could tell....

But it turned around. The moment I sensed it was when a good friend just came in to chat - catch up on the weekend - talk about what's coming up - just talk, nothing deep. So now, as the morning has passed and afternoon has arrived, I almost feel like a Tuesday! I'm looking forward to my walk later this afternoon, to thinking about a May Bible Study event, to just going home.

So remember that sometimes when you reach out to others in normal routine converstaions, it can change their day. They may be on the border, and you can nudge them in the right direction!

Hugs,
S

No comments: