Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Women!

That phrase can be said in all kinds of ways...exasperation, wonder, mystery, questioning. I say it with excitement because I love the women with whom and to whom I have the blessing to serve. With the Marketplace Bible Study, I have had the pleasure of meeting new people...and expanding on former relationships in new ways. Women who are new friends, yet, have some of the same struggles as older friends. We can all find common ground through our God.

On Sunday, our pastor quoted someone who said (and I'm paraphrasing), "You don't just listen to the Word, you listen for the Word." That struck me as so true. We can listen to God's Word, but are we listening FOR God's Word to speak to us? Many times, that happens for me through other women. Through our differences, I hear God speaking. Through women who see things differently than I do, who have different struggles than I do, who face obstacles differently.

Different faces, different eyes, different backgrounds, different jobs, different experiences, different families, different churches. Matters not. Women!

No comments: