Tuesday, November 4, 2008

New Beginnings

Well, I guess tomorrow we will have a new President-elect and begin the process of transfer of power. I hope everyone was able to vote. I stood in line about 1 hour 15 minutes. Not bad considering some other places. Now I'm trying to find something to watch other than election results. Don't get me wrong, I'm switching back and forth to it, but I'm not up to listening to them dissect every tiny thing. I'm sure before it's all over we'll find out what the candidates had to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

What is wonderful is that so many people got out and voted. We are taking ownership in our future. I loved to see moms with their children. Hearing the questions of the children and parents telling them about the process of voting. K told me he heard one mom explaining to her son that two people want to be president, but we have to vote for one. At which point the little boy said, "I want to be president! Can I be president, too!"

OK...here we go...looks like a blue map so far...but here comes some red. They're predicting SC to be red, as usual. I have trouble understanding how they can call things so early. I guess with computers it's all electronic and fast! I'm watching NBC, and it looks like people are really into it...coloring a map...watching the big map at Rockefeller skating rink. They're talking about Tim Russert...I miss him...This will go on all night.


I don't know if your candidate will win or not. But remember no matter what - God is in charge. Daniel 2:20-21 says, "Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are his. He changes times and seasons; he sets up kings and deposes them. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning." It can be scary when what we think is best doesn't happen. But God knows best - He changes, He sets up and He deposes. God can use all things to accomplish His plans.

No comments: