Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Identity Theft

I was reading another church's newsletter today, and on one line I saw the name "Susan" and right below that on the next line I saw the name "Amick." I realized it's been a long time since I've been know as Susan Amick. For the last 25 years this May, I've been known as Susan Boland - and that is who I have become through the many changes I've experienced over the years - some easier than others. I don't often think about all these changes. How about you? Lots of things we would rather just leave behind us and never re-visit. Other things we look back at with fond memories.

God does that to us. He comes to us in our Baptism and changes us through our experiences over the years. He changes our name to "child of God" and never leaves us. Second Corinthians 3:18 says, "And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit."

Transformation...ever changing....glory to glory....child of God...till we see Him face to face!

No comments: