Friday, August 8, 2008

Home

It's good to be home. This last week we've been vacationing at Cherry Grove, and it was WONDERFUL! The weather was great...the first time it rained was Thursday night. When we got up this morning it was overcast, which was good since it was time to head home.

If you couldn't tell, I only opened my laptop 1 time, and I couldn't keep the connection long enough to do anything. So I promptly packed it away and never touched it again until tonight. So I've been catching up with some of my fave blogs. Don't know if too many people stay tuned here, but thought I would touch base before I head to bed. I can't wait to sleep in my own bed.

As we finish our week, I always ask K & D what their favorite time was at the beach. One of my faves was just being on the beach. But another favorite is my morning routine of doing Bible study on the porch. I can see a little bit of the ocean between condos a block away on the beach. It's such a blessing to have coffee and Bible study and watch the ocean all at the same time. God's been speaking to my heart this week. I realized afresh this morning how much God has truly blessed me...how much He has changed my heart and my life...and how much I still want Him to change. Even on the way home I goofed and realized how much more I need God to keep on changing me.

So as I celebrate a great, relaxing vacation, I also celebrate a great and awesome God who speaks if I will just listen...who changes hearts...and loves me as He heals me along the way.

No comments: