Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Inquire...Inquire...Require

I randomly opened my Bible the other day to Zephaniah 2:3, "Seek the Lord, all you humble of the land, you who do what he commands. Seek righteousness, seek humility; perhaps you will be sheltered on the day of the Lord's anger." NIV

Then I read it in the Amplified Bible, "Seek the Lord [inquire for Him, inquire of Him and require Him as the foremost necessity of your life]..." If I would just start each day that way - Ask for God's presence in my life, Ask for God's guidance throughout my life, and make HIM the most important thing every day of my life - wouldn't my day go much better? So many times the pressures of life get in the way, bring me down, make me feel out of control. Which is so funny, because I never had the control in the first place!

I wrote this verse down on an index card - the NIV version and the Amplified version on the other. My goal this week is to remember to "inquire for...inquire of...and require" God as most important in my life. Who knows what wonders we might see if we truly did this!

No comments: