Saturday, September 6, 2008

Underdog!

I'm dating myself, but I used to love the cartoon Underdog...before I really understood what an underdog is. I don't know about you, but unless I have a favorite team, I usually pull for the underdog in sporting competitions. Well, as I'm checking on football scores, I see that East Carolina is beating West Virginia today by 21 points after beating Virginia Tech last week. Who would have thought that? I was excited when Appalachian State beat Michigan last year.

Why do I feel this way? I really don't know why. Maybe it's because I have experienced being the underdog many times. When Drew first started playing baseball, believe you me, they were the underdogs. We had fun playing, but we hardly ever won.

I think we're all underdogs...ever since Adam and Eve made their choices in the garden. Looks to me like God pulls for the underdog, too. He even loves the underdog - us. He sent His Son to save us from ourselves. What wondrous love is this, oh my soul!

No comments: