Thursday, September 4, 2008

This Just In!

This week I received my Siesta Fiesta Cookbook in the mail. HOW WONDERFUL! Holly did a GREAT job compiling all kinds of recipes, pictures, and quotes into one book. I haven't had a chance to look through the whole book, yet. However, I found several recipes I want to try out, and told my family "get ready" I'm about to cook something new! That can be good and bad.

Isn't it fun to try out a new recipe. There's something about trying something new - excitement, anticipation. As I get older, I think I miss that in life. For some reason, I get overly cautious (I'm not very adventurous anyway). I get stuck in the same old, same old, and life becomes boring. If I change something - even something small - life becomes a little more colorful.

This past week I've been able to slip outside in the mornings and sit under my beautiful Dogwood Tree. I noticed a leaf that was beginning to get a redish tint to it. Fall is coming! I love to watch the changes in "my" tree...from summer, to fall, to winter, to spring. Maybe we all need that at times - a small change. Get up earlier, stay up later, rearrange a piece of furniture, park somewhere different, try a new recipe. Who knows, it may be a keeper!

No comments: