Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Rainy Days and Mondays...

I don't know about rainy days, but Mondays seem to be my stumbling block. OK, one of my stumbling blocks! Mondays have always been a difficult day for me --- unless it's a holiday. (My working buddy and I love holidays!) I don't know why that particular day is so difficult for me. Things seem to magnify on Mondays - I am much more irritated (and can I say, irritating!) about little things. I believe my co-workers might even support a work from home day for me on Mondays!

God took me to the proverbial "wood shed" today when I read 1 Peter 2:1, "Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy and slander of every kind." Ouch! I asked God this morning, "How do I do this?" His answer to me, 1 Peter 2:2, "Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, now that you have tasted that the Lord is good." Two verses - that's all I needed for my morning devotion. There was so much there for me to chew on, that I didn't need to go any further.

I heard His plea to me to "GROW UP!" I was acting like a "b-a-b-y" and I needed a little spiritual nourishment. God's Word will do that to me - He will jerk a knot in my tail when I need it. And praise be to God that He does. I need a little head-straightening sometimes. I am blessed, people. Why do I let my attitude get so out of control? I imagine that we all do. There are days when it would be better to just stay in the bed, but that's not an option.

God is always there for us. If we will crave the pure spiritual milk of His Word and His presence, we will taste and see that the Lord is good. I realized this morning what I should have done yesterday. I should have gotten on my knees in prayer and then pulled out my Bible for a drink of that spiritual milk. I pray that next time I'm feeling a little blue for no particular reason, I'll do just that.

"Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man (or woman) who takes refuge in Him." (Psalm 34:8)

No comments: