Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Much About Nothing

I realized I had not blogged in a while. A problem I sometimes have is finding something news worthy in my day-to-day life. Doesn't matter if it's blogging or just catching up with friends. Many times, I feel that what's happening in my life isn't interesting enough to repeat. But here goes some much about nothing:

I cannot believe I have seen a lighted Christmas tree already. Coming back from the high school last week, I saw a tree in a local dress shop - all lit up! For heaven's sake it was still S E P T E M B E R. Does Christmas just seem to get earlier and earlier? But a good something about Christmas coming early...Travis Cottrell's new Christmas CD was released today. I just know it's going to be awesome!

However...it is just October. L O V E this weather. I can't remember when I last turned the A/C on, and we haven't used the heat yet...so I have high hopes for low usage on our next utility bill.

Getting ready for the new Bible Study - Stepping Up . We will get Travis and Beth in the same study! And believe it or not, I'm ready for homework.

My working buddy is on her way to Hawaii! Gonna miss her, but hope she has the bestest of times! We have a great group of volunteers who will help. Hopefully, nothing will fall through the cracks.

Our modest renovations are almost through. I'm afraid the labor bill will put me over the edge. But what you gonna do? Drew will be so excited when it's finished. We will have that extra room that we were really trying to plan for before house plans went awry.

As you can see...I really have a boring life. But...there's a lot to be said for boring!

If you're on a roller coaster ride right now, remember that no matter what, God is right beside you. These are scary times in our financial world. We plan for the future and then the bottom drops out. No matter whatever or whoever else forsakes us, God will never leave us or forsake us. And that's all that matters.

1 comment:

mommy4life said...

I often feel the same way, that everything in my life is unworthy of "blog time" because it seems so mundane.

Then I thank God that I am so blessed to have a mundane life, and not live from crisis to crisis!!