Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Wednesday --- Interrupted

It's been a morning of "catching up" on a few things...trying to tie loose ends together. As I was switching gears, I decided to take a moment to check on my child's progress at school. See reports cards come out soon, but I'm not sure what day. As I was attempting to check the high school on-line calendar (don't get me started on the inadequacy of this calendar, in my opinion) I did not see when report cards are issued, but I did see that in November the seniors will be fitted for their caps and gowns. Then it hit me...my "baby" only has two more years before he will be "fitted." I cannot believe how fast these years have flown by. The pulling away has already begun, of course. It's natural - there are things to do, places to go, friends to see, and he hasn't even started driving yet! My "baby doll dumpling" (don't tell him I said that on-line!) is growing up in the blink of an eye.

The Preschool children are trick-or-treating today, and I can remember taking time off work to come with D as he walked around to Chapin businesses. Little did I know then that it would go by so fast. Maybe I should have stopped and savored that time a little more. Maybe I should do the same now. See my problem is that I only have one child to experience all of this with. No, it's not a problem, it's a joy. Because we thought we wouldn't even have one. How faithful God is!

Thank you, Lord, for all the joys and struggles of motherhood. I'm so glad I didn't have to miss it!

No comments: