Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Creativity!

In the beginning, God created...(Genesis 1:1) thus we have the first descriptive word about God - creative. And since God created man in His own image (Genesis 1:26-
27) I think we all enjoy plunging into our creative side. Well today I've been creating an Advent brochure to go out with our Advent devotional, and it has been so much fun! Choosing a design...searching for artwork to go with the theme of the book...adding bits and pieces of information...playing with the layout. Then when I printed it out - it all matched so well. There's a lot of satisfaction in seeing the works of your hands being completed.

I've had a difficult time plugging into my creative side lately. I've been wondering if I've unplugged from the source (God). So it was good to work on this particular project. I've wondered, too, if it's age! :) I have so many things I'd like to do, but by 9:00 PM, I'm about down for the count! (Of course, you have to remember us Bolands love to hybernate as the days get shorter and the weather gets cooler.) There are times I wish all aspects of my job were driven by creativity. Maybe, I just need to have a different perspective. And maybe, like this brochure, when I feel procrastination kick-in, I just need to stick with it until all the pieces and parts come together.

No comments: