Thursday, October 9, 2008

Jeremiah...again...still

I have been really worrying about something lately. The details don't matter. We all worry from time to time. This was one of those things that I was afraid would have us in a choke hold for a while...years. When would we get a break. You know the kind of worry I'm talking about...upset stomach, can't sleep at night, weighing heavy on your mind.

This morning in my devotion time I continued in Jeremiah Chapter 1, verse 19 where in the last part of that verse the Lord says, "for I am with you and will rescue you." I remembered reading that yesterday, and sure enough verse 8 of chapter 1 says, "Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you..." I asked God this morning, are you saying this to me? I needed to know He was with me and would rescue me.

This afternoon I was led to read the very familiar part of the Sermon on the Mount in Matthew 6 that tells us not worry about tomorrow...each day has enough worries of its own.

Y'all...my hubby called about 30 minutes ago with the news that our worries were for nothing. Can I say that again N O T H I N G. What we were worried about did not happen. "Thank you, Lord" were the first words out of my mouth, and K said he said the same thing. To be honest what we were worrying about was not life threatening - don't wig out on wondering what. The point is, God is with us and will rescue us. Next time our fears may be realized, but nevertheless, God is with us and will rescue us.

Real life problems are tough. The coming economic times are going to be very tight, I'm afraid. You never know what tomorrow will bring. But, God is with us and will rescue us. It may not be the rescue we want all the time, but if we turn to Him, He will NOT turn from us.

Each time He said that to Jeremiah, God was getting him ready for action. Maybe I need to keep my eyes open for a little action around here. What will I do in response to God's faithfulness? Yep, I think Jeremiah is going to have a of insight for me over the coming months. And, I'll be sure and let you know all about it!

2 comments:

mommy4life said...

Worrying about tomorrow wastes our grace for today, doesn't it?

Susan B. said...

You are so right. And we can be very wasteful sometimes, can't we! Hope you have a great weekend!