Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The BEST Story

I heard the best story this morning. I had WNOK on the radio as I drove to work, and they were talking about the Home Run Derby that was held last night. (Can you believe that my family - BASEBALL JUNKIES that we are, missed it.) Well, they were talking about this player by the name of Josh Hamilton and telling his story. Evidently, he was a great prospect back in the day until he hit the DL list and found drugs. Thus started years of a downward spiral until he hit rock bottom. However, when he hit the bottom, God was there waiting on him. The story is a miraculous one...one where God picks Josh up and brushes him off and puts him back in baseball, where last night he hit 28 home runs in the first round. The story brings tears to my eyes. He now says that he wouldn't change a thing about his past. God uses it everyday to help someone else. He professes it to be a God thing! I've linked a couple of the write-ups here. When you have time, read it. God is truly amazing when we surrender to His will.

Josh's point? There's always hope with God. Fight the devil, because Jesus is there fighting with you and for you! To quote Josh, "Alone, I couldn't win this battle. With Jesus, I couldn't lose." Amen

No comments: