Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Not Cool!

My schedule is totally out of sync! K is home with D for a STAYCATION and I am here at work. NOT COOL!

Since my hubby is sleeping in, I am unable to pull this bag of bones out of bed for my normal routine. "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak." So, needless to say, I am starting my day without my Quite Time. NOT COOL!

Not only that, but for the past two nights we have not gone to bed until after midnight. Now, if you know me, you know we're usually in bed by 10:30. We enjoyed our 4th of July weekend so much, that on Sunday we didn't want it to end and stayed up to see the 11:00 edition of House. We have just "found" this program, so even the reruns are new to us. Bedtime - 12:15 and up with only 6 1/2 hours of sleep - NOT COOL!

Last night, our Chapin All Star team played their first game. It was supposed to start at 8:00 but didn't start until 9:30. The game, a pitcher's dual, was over at 11:30. But, of course, you're so excited after the game, there's no way you can go home and go to sleep. So we watch the end of the Braves game from LA - and bedtime comes at 12:30. Six hours later it's time for the alarm clock to go off. NOT COOL!

So today, I am running on coffee and the giddys! I have got to get back on schedule somehow. My morning devotional time is precious to me...not only that, but I'm hoping to hear a word from God about a couple things, but how can I hear a word if I'm not in the WORD? It reminds me a little bit of last night's game. Clinton had a pitcher that was BRINGING IT! He struck out 12 batters. But you know what, we didn't stop battling. Every boy that walked up to that plate went up there with the desire to get on base, one way or the other! That's what I have to do. I have to have the DESIRE and PERSEVERANCE to find time for my morning time, one way or the other.

Oh yeah, our pitcher was "on", too. He also struck out 12 batters. And in the top of the 7th inning we got on one way and scored another way. We won by 1 run: 1-0. WAY COOL!

No comments: