Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Wondering...

So...do you ever wonder, "Where's the excitement?" I've wondered that about church lately. (Can you say that out-loud in print? Guess I just did.) Do you ever feel like you're missing something? It's right there, but you just can't reach it. I've been feeling that way lately. Maybe it's the fact that I did not get to Deeper Still for my on personal "revival." The worship & praise time at these events is just awesome. Maybe it's the fact that, with baseball, we've missed church on a regular basis. Maybe it's because we're on a sporadic schedule with Bible study. Maybe it's just me. As I was walking and listening to my i-pod, I heard Point of Grace sing Begin With Me. And I quietly heard the Spirit whisper to my heart, "It needs to begin with you." Ouch! Begin with me? I want it done for me! Isn't that the way we are? It's so much more fun to be the receiver of the Spirit than the giver of the Spirit. Begin with me. Hmmmmm.

So there you have the reason for the theme Be...gin. I need to be - be the love of Christ to others, be a servant to others, be...gin to tell of the excitement of the Good News. Beginning again. As Avalon sings, "It's a brand, new day." May I be a brand new creation of His. Be...ginning Again!

No comments: