Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Lukewarm??

Anybody out there feeling lukewarm? About anything? About everything? Seems like lately I can't get excited about too much. This afternoon I was thinking that I need to get out of this funk. Everyday is a day to rejoice over something. But it just seems that the UGH of the details of life are getting in my head. You know the UGHs - when you try to get something done at work but no matter what you do, you can't make it do right. I have this on-going battle with the folding machine, and it wins EVERY time. Sometimes you try to help someone, and it comes out ALL wrong. They're aggravated you "got in their business." Or even though you tried to make the words come out right, they didn't. Now you've got fences to mend. Or you ask questions that really have no hidden motive, you're just curious, and now they are overly cautious when they speak to you.

No, not all of this has happened today (except for the folding machine!) or this week or even this month. But, you look back and wonder - did I make a miss-step here or there? What happens to me is that I begin to back away - away from the curiosity, from the extra effort, from the conversation, from the folding machine! (I wish!)

Anyway, I'm not sure of the answer today - except that God is. He is whatever you need at any time...all the time. I found this on the All Access blog. Check it out. And just remember that HE IS your King of Kings! And there's NOTHING lukewarm about that!

No comments: